A couple busy weeks put me a bit late with my 1v1 PvE platformer, but I'm back on track!
Throughout the month I have managed to complete all the basics & structure required to make the game playable, leaving this week-end to actually develop an interesting AI. All the iterations of that AI are actually going to be in-game as various levels. I hope to get at least 5 levels done:
- Level 1 (DONE): Almost idle AI
- Level 2 (DONE): Jumping around the map
- Level 3 (DONE): State machine-powered objectives
- Level 4 (IN PROGRESS): Pathfinding
- Level 5 (TODO): Tactics (health management, human movement anticipation)
I'm currently hacking together a waypoint system… and hoping it won't be too hard to build movement on top of it, so that the robot can actually jump on platforms correctly.