You are Ares as a kid. Since you're a God of War in the making, why not take advantage of daddy falling asleep to go WAGE WAR ON EARTH!!!??
Controls are explained in-game.
The goal is to capture all of Greece, converting it into worshippers of Ares.
- Aim, and hold SPACE to fall down on Earth at the desired spot.
- Attack a small city with few soldiers in them, until it falls to zero. Then it will belong to you! Soldiers will start to spawn in it.
- Once enough soldiers have spawned, click on it, then on a target to make them leave the city. Use them to help you conquer Greece!
- If you can fall exactly on a city or enemy army, you will inflict some serious damage.
- Going back to the Olympus often (using SPACE) helps you for quick travel & keeping track of what's going on!
- There is no sound :(
- Enemy soldiers can have weird behavior like stay idle after attacking (fixed in post-jam)
- Ares soldiers can accidentally be sent out of the city unless you click very carefully (fixed in post-jam)
The post-jam version is available and have these fixes:
- Right click or press E for interact with player cities/soldiers instead of left click (+ upgrade ingame control panel)
- Fix pause menu to add missing buttons (restart/quit), same as in the victory screen
- Fix soldiers that can't enter in a full city and stay here forever. Now they will enter inside if the city has space again
- Fix jump to disable movement
- Added possibility to rotate during jump preparation (that was more or less available due to the previous bug)
- Fix city selection trigger to make it bigger
- Small changes on camera position to have a better vision of what's going on