My team managed to deliver something playable (buggy but playable). We'd really appreciate all the honest feedback.
I overscoped (again - seems to be a thing), but did manage to get the whole game done, just not to the level of polish I was hoping. I am excited to have implemented a save/load system, Dynamic(ish) UI for on screen controls between KB/Mouse vs Joystick.
Sadly have to shelve the idea of submitting. Issues with a borrowed unit system caused enemy movement to be comical at best and fatally error after a few seconds of spawning. Might fix up the project in the future but for now it will remain in an untitled project folder on my drive. Probably 80% done but one of the biggest systems came crashing down in the last few hours.
Less than three hours left and I still need to finish everything!
Here's where the game was last night:
And here's an update from this morning:
A huge improvement, I think, but I still need to change that damn lime color. It's going to be a mix and match game, so an NPC tells you the spell they want to buy and you have to pick the best ingredients for it.
My teammate enlightningbugs finished all the art yesterday, so at the very least the game will be pretty to loook at.
Like snowfox, I just did not have much time at all to some game development on it. The most far I got when developing was finishing half the art. Life loves to block me from touching my PC. Here is some of the art that I worked on if your interested in it.
That's about it. It completely sucks that I could'nt work on it, but what's in this post is all that I have, and 2 builds with no useable code. Sorry people.