After Game Center match making, I now have some interactivity: choose your ship's heading and thrust.
- It's a lockstep setup with input delay (currently two steps). Only input is synchronized between clients;
- Simulation updates every 0.1s (and waits if input doesn't come in);
- The "physics simulation" should be deterministic if
Doubleacts the same on all iPhones/iPads.
- It's not a game yet: no win/lose condition;
- When it comes to network: current implementation uses tcp/ip and sends input as JSON to other clients. This should probably be optimized;
- There is no graceful end of game: only stop the process.