Busy weekend, but wanted to throw down 2 hours or so to put together a game for the jam.
I figured I could throw together a simple 2D platformer were your climbing a tower and get a small amount of polish inside 2-3 hours. Instead I spent 1.5ish hours dealing with issues with an updated Unity version (I had updated because of a SSAO issue that existed in prior version). I ended up having to work on the project in 2 different vesions of unity (Tilemap editor only worked in the older version, all the input code only worked in the newer version).
This morning, I decided to try one sub version back from the 'newest' version and with some uninstalling/reinstalling/etc of packages in the package manager, I managed to get a version of unity that worked for both.
I got a level build… might be slightly inspired by 'Getting Over It,' but no audio/polish/etc. oh and your a cube, because ofcourse you are ;).
Well. I guess not to bad for about 3 hours of work with much of it spent fighting with Unity and an apparent lack of regression testing before versions are put out.
Definately not the game I am most proud about, but I am happy to have got something submitted.