The 2nd Alakajam is going to happen February 23rd to 25th! This gives you the opportunity to make your game, from scratch, in just a weekend.
It doesn't matter if you are a seasoned pro or a total beginner, if you like video games and are motivated to create your very own game, keep reading.
- Feb 9th to Feb 23rd: Theme selection. You can submit theme suggestions for the jam and vote for all other suggestions. (Note: this closes two days early to give us time to produce the announcement video)
- Feb 23rd 7pm UTC: The jam is live. And it starts with the theme unveiling at 7pm UTC.
You can join either for the competition or the unranked jam.
- Feb 23rd to Feb 25th: You want to join the full competition? These are your (or your team's) 48 hours to create an awesome game.
- Feb 23rd to Feb 26th: If you are not in for the competetive aspect or want to go for a relaxed weekend, you can create a game during the 72 hours of the unranked jam.
- Feb 25th to Mar 11th: Playing other's games and voting. For two weeks all entrants are invited to play, rate and comment on other peoples games.
- Mar 11th: The results from game voting are released and the winners are crowned!
All rules can be found under the help tab:
How to enter
Entering the 2nd Alakajam is easy! Just decide whether you want to do the competition (48 hours) or join the unranked jam (72 hours). All you need to do is to create an account. Then you can enter the event, suggest themes and/or vote for themes and submit your game after the jam.
It would be nice if you share a small "I am in" blog post presenting yourself or your team. What language, engine and tools will you use to create an awesome game? What are your expectations for the jam? Let us and the community know!
And if you are using Twitter or Reddit, spread the word about the 2nd Alakajam.