I've been beavering away on my Feedback Fortnight game over the last month, making steady progress. I put up v1 a couple of weeks ago, and today I have a second version ready. There's plently of changes, bugfixes, and refactoring. I got an idea from Dr Laguna's feedback: you can now upgrade your spells after you defeat certain wizards. Adding this feature required refactoring a whole bunch of code as the various spells were all hardcoded and never meant to be changed in its original version!
I've also added more music and gone through the sprites with a fine comb - there's enough space to add another enemy/spell, and I would love feedback on what would be a cool addition to the game!
Missing things and known bugs:
- win screen, intro screen and in-game tutorial
- AI - still random
- units with haste sometimes jumps back while moving (display bug)
- non-unit spells sometimes appear to hit things a bit far away (bug, but might leave it like this - it's a hassle to get right)
Things added in v2:
- multiple maps and crystal tower configs (and countdown on the crystal towers)
- hard mode (and super hard mode) options (press enter before your first battle to try them out!)
- non-unit spells
- spell upgrade functionality
- units are now using their wizard's colours
- friendly fire for non-unit spells (beware…)
- a new html wrapper as chrome won't let you autoplay sounds anymore