The 2020 edition of Feedback Fortnight will be from November 22 to December 17! This is an event where you submit any game project, complete or not, and ask for feedback. If you enter the event, you are also invited to give feedback to the other people, as the goal is indeed to exchange feedback between participants. To make this more effective, we have a "karma" system in place so that the more feedback you give, the more visible your game is.
What can I submit?
This is a very open event, where you can enter for instance:
- A personal hobby project you have been working on this year
- A game jam entry that didn't get enough feedback or that you expanded upon since
- A work-in-progress commercial game project (as long as you keep your build free and publicly available)
Of course this can be either a solo project or a team-based one.
- Preparation phase: on November 22, the event will open submissions.
- Feedback phase: on November 29, all entrants will be formally invited to start playing and reviewing each other's entries. In the meantime, submissions will remain open until the last few days for late entrants.
- End: on December 17 the event will be officially closed. The games won't get any rankings or ratings, just feedback. No bragging about being first, but who cares, you will get good commentary!
- To improve the quality of your feedback, give indications on what aspects of your game you are most looking for feedback on. This is especially true of bigger projects like commercial games.
- If possible, make your game build available on multiple platforms or the web
- Don't neglect commenting on other games: longer, more constructive comments get rewarded more "karma", and this karma score helps you get displayed higher in the game list.
See you then!